This course is a single 3 hour practical session providing a hands introduction to High Performance Computing.
This hands-on training course covers the subjects of;
- What is High Performance Computing,
- Managing data on the HPC facility,
- Running interactive and batch jobs,
- Accessing the available software.
This course assumes that the students have a basic knowledge of Linux as covered by our Introduction to Linux course ( CIC6001a ) . See also the Linux Cheatsheet.
- What is High Performance Computing
- HPC at The University of Sheffield
- Accessing HPC at TUOS
- Get Help and Information
- Using Storage and Managing Data
- Software on the HPC Cluster
- Running Applications on the HPC Cluster
- Using the Job Scheduler
- GPUs and Remote Visualisation
- Purchase More Resource and Going Beyond ShARC